TGN - The Gamers Nation

Clans die, But gaming lives forever, Tgn The ultimate source For all things Gaming

HomePagePortalHomeGalleryRegisterLog inARCADE

Share | 

GH: On Tour review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
m3talicy
Unactive Member
Unactive Member

Number of posts : 20
Freind Codes : MPH:0602-3569-6281

Psn id : n/a
Gamer Tag : n/a
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: GH: On Tour review   Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:48 am

My time with GH:On Tour so far has been a fun and chalenging experiance. At first I was skeptical just like probably everyone else who pre-ordered the game, so at the time I was thinking "wow this better not suck, or be too easy" those thoughts where thoroughly put to rest as I started playing it. when you start up the game ,with the guitar grip in the gba slot, the menus consist of the regular GH fare, such as: career, multi-player, quick-play, options, credits, most of you know how all these work by now. So, of course I jump right into quick-play before I start career mode and pick spiderwebs(no doubt) on hard of course. That first song on hard overwhelmed me easily because of the strumming systems learning curve, but after two days of beating the career and (trying) to beat bloc party's Helicopter on expert this is what I have to say.

-Gameplay: The gameplay in GH:OT is addictively fun and to my, somewhat expected, surprise it got pretty challenging. The game consists of the same fare as the console versions, hold the right button and strum to the vertically scrolling colored circles on the screen, but as we all know the major differences is the strumming system and of course the lack of one button. the strumming system consists of, well strumming the screen in tune with the notes. And trust me its not as easy as it sounds! The lack of one button is made up by the fact that most of the setlist are songs with either, outragiously long continious strumming parts, or songs with lots of breaks and lots of different variations of strumming speeds. So this game is not one to scoff at just for the lack of one button.

-Graphics: The graphics in this game are outstanding compared to alot of other DS games. The human modeling and the venue areas are some of the best i've seen on the DS. There movement is also superbly done as they jump, headbang, sing, and drum. The only thing I wish they did was syncronize there movement with the song that was playing. Even with that exeption on the sycronization the graphics are hands down on DS.

-Sound: The sound quality in GH:On tour is great as well. The songs sound as if your listening to a CD, which is great knowing that these songs where compressed to fit in the tiny DS. The menu music is cool because the riffs sound like something off of a Dragonforce CD. The set list is somewhat of a letdown if you like more of the indie/metal music, like me. Dont get me wrong the entire setlist is addicively fun to play, even as I despise Smashmouths- Allstar, I actually have played it through a couple times just because of how fun the song is layed out note-wise. Most of what your going to here is pop/rock and classic, with a few on the harder side like Nirvana, Ozzy, Incubus, Kiss, Twisted sister, daughtry, and Skidrow.

-All in all this game is definitely worth the 50$ and will keep you coming back for more on expert or hard setting. The graphics are great and even with the loss of syncronization via band/music you really dont notice if your not paying attention to the background. the setlist is very debatable yet still fun in my opinion. Im definately waiting for a sequel!

I give it a 8.5 out of 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrluggs
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 481
Freind Codes :
Brawl- 2835-9843-7626
MKWii-1719-3930-2657
DBZT3-
Gamer Tag : no live lol
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: GH: On Tour review   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:16 am

wow great review .but u forgot the poll lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegamersnation.co.nr
Jesse

Number of posts : 126
Freind Codes : N/A
Psn id : N/A
Gamer Tag : N/A
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: GH: On Tour review   Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am

Very well done review.

I haven't played it, I'm staying away because the setlist is atrocious, for my tastes at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/jesse99999
armeltology12
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 428
Freind Codes : Brawl: 2835-9843-7626

Mario Kart: 1719-3930-2657
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: GH: On Tour review   Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 am

dude nintendo will get shits loads of cash for this game..its genius gh on ds..u cant put gs on psp..it wont be as fun as it proly is for ds..by the way this review is great man...glad to hear the graphics r good..couse ds cant rival psp in graphics
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/tico_da_squerrl
Jesse

Number of posts : 126
Freind Codes : N/A
Psn id : N/A
Gamer Tag : N/A
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: GH: On Tour review   Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:00 am

I'm very impressed Neversoft pulled this off, to be honest. I thought a DS GH would be awful, but from what I've heard they managed to actually prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/jesse99999
mrluggs
Silver Member
Silver Member

Number of posts : 481
Freind Codes :
Brawl- 2835-9843-7626
MKWii-1719-3930-2657
DBZT3-
Gamer Tag : no live lol
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: heyy   Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 am

Jesse wrote:
I'm very impressed Neversoft pulled this off, to be honest. I thought a DS GH would be awful, but from what I've heard they managed to actually prove me wrong.
wow u really thought that i sure didnt
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegamersnation.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GH: On Tour review   

Back to top Go down

GH: On Tour review
Page 1 of 1